Are you looking forward to the changes that come along with the New Year? If one of your goals is to become closer with your family, you aren’t alone. Many people want to feel a stronger connection with those they love, and there is no better time than now to get started. The last thing you want to happen is to lose the chance to show you care about someone special in your life.
Making family oriented New Year’s resolutions is a great way to promote family bonding. Everyone can have their own input and create a list that is unique to your lifestyle. To get started, here are some ideas you can include in your family goals for 2013:
• A family unit is usually busy nonstop. This can make it difficult to sit down for dinner most nights. If you have a demanding job or lots of activities to attend for your children, you don’t have to give everything up. Instead, make an effort to eat together at least 3 times a week. You can even get the kids involved in planning and cooking the meals for a great bonding experience.
• Set up a family game or movie night once a month. Take turns picking the game or movie, make some snacks, and get ready for great family fun.
• On a weekend, take your kids out for an educational experience. Some fun ideas include attending a concert, pottery painting, or going to a museum. They will always remember these special outings.
• Exercise together to promote a healthy lifestyle. Go for a bike ride, a walk, join a gym, or set up a relay race in the back yard!
• Make a conscience effort to be more present with your family. Make sure to listen to their needs and remember to enjoy the time you have with them with less distractions.
At The Russell Agency, LLC, we hope these tips help you create meaningful memories with your family in 2013. Although you never know what a New Year could hold, being prepared in case of a mishap at home can help you protect your family and well being. You have worked hard to make a home filled with love, so protect it with reliable homeowners insurance from us. You should not settle for anything less than the best when it comes to protecting your home, and we want to give you the best.