Are you a first time homeowner? Or did you just move into a new residence? Taking on the responsibility of investing in a home for yourself and family is a big deal. Just like you would monitor the health and safety of your loved ones, you should be doing the same for your property. This way, you can establish a comfortable, personalized environment that everyone can enjoy for years to come.
Understanding that home maintenance plays a large role in the security of your home will help you become a more responsible home owner. Besides having reliable home insurance, here are some tips to follow so you can take care of your residence properly:
• Maintaining the inside and outside of your home is a year-round job. Make sure you invest in the proper tools for typical improvements.
• Finding contractors and service people in the local area can help you feel more secure when you need help with big projects.
• Understanding the basic functions of your home’s systems can help you see where certain home maintenance and repair issues are.
• Check around your windows and doors for air leaks and apply weather stripping if necessary.
• Test all of your smoke alarms and replace any batteries.
• Get the chimney inspected and cleaned every two years.
• Change your air filter monthly for quality breathing air.
• Check for any roof leaks or missing shingles and replace them as soon as possible.
At The Russell Agency, LLC, we believe that performing routine maintenance and inspections will protect you from risks and maintain the overall value of the property. You have worked hard to make a home for yourself, so you shouldn’t be leaving it exposed to further mishaps. Let us build you a personalized and comprehensive insurance plan to meet your specific requirements. Our goal is to take the confusion out of the process and give you the coverage you deserve.