Are you ready for spring? As it begins to grow warmer outside, it may also be time to take a look at your home. With the harsh winter snow, there may have been damages inflicted outside or maybe inside your property. Inspecting the problem areas can help you get a jump on repairs just in time for spring.
Do you know where to start? If you are not a handyman, you may want to enlist some professional help. However, looking around for potential hazards can make the process go by more smoothly. Here are some ways you can fix up your home this season:
- If you have gutters on your home, make sure they are not loose or leaky. Improper drainage can lead flooding.
- Look up at your roof to see if any shingles were lost or damaged during the winter. If so, then start a budget for replacement.
- Clean and repair any tears or rips in your window screens so heat isn’t lost from your home.
- Look around your yard for any damages, especially to trees.
- Make sure to remove and dispose of all dead plant materials so they won’t become fire hazards.
- As the weather heats up, you will want to make sure you fans and air conditioners work properly. Clean and check them out.
- Test your ground sprinklers to make sure they are functioning so you can have a nice green lawn.
- If you do a lot of yard work, start getting your tools out. Replace broken or damaged ones.
- Check your smoke alarms and replace the batteries if necessary.
At The Russell Agency, LLC, we hope these tips guide you in the right direction as you make some major and minor spring repairs. We know you have worked hard to make a home for yourself. This is why you shouldn’t leave it exposed to risks. Having our homeowners insurance by your side can give you the peace of mind you need this season. Let us help you create a comprehensive plan that fits your lifestyle needs.
The Russell Agency is a full service independent insurance agency serving Southport, Fairfield, Westport and surrounding towns in Fairfield County and New Haven County, and all of Connecticut.