New Technologies are always changing: Are you covered?
With the continuing emergence of new technologies and our subsequent reliance on them, more and more of our daily activities take place online, such as shopping, filing taxes, booking a hotel and paying bills. Have you ever considered what would happen if some of this information fell into someone else’s hands? It is now more important than ever to make sure all our information is being protected. Before you finalize that Amazon purchase or submit that electric bill, pause to consider the following steps to help you stay protected:
- Utilize strong passwords. A strong password should: Be at least eight characters long;
- Not contain your username, real name or any other personal information;
- Not be a complete word; and
- Include uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
Make sure everything is updated. Make sure you:
- Install hardware and software updates periodically;
- Ensure all anti-virus and anti-malware software is updated;
- Check for Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and/or Firefox updates; and
- Consistently back up your information.
Did you know there are insurance coverages that can protect you if your online identity is hacked? Make sure you have all the proper insurance coverage in place should the worst happen. If you have any questions or concerns about your policy, give our agency a call. We’ll be happy to walk you through your coverage and provide you with peace of mind.