Flood Insurance

Did you know that your homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover damages caused by flooding?

With the devastation caused by natural disasters such as Hurricane Irene and Hurricane Sandy, you have probably considered your options when insuring your home. Unfortunately, flood insurance is something homeowners often overlook. In Connecticut the damages caused by flooding can be extensive and the repairs to your home can end up costing you a lot of money if you are not properly protected.

At The Russell Agency, LLC we can provide comprehensive and affordable flood insurance that will meet your personalized needs. Depending on your property’s location and flood history, there are different options available for your coverage. In fact, there are thousands of homeowners in our area who will be required to carry flood insurance in the coming year. Our agents are experts on Connecticut insurance and can assess your risk and insurance needs.

There are two major types of policies available to CT residents:

  • Standard Flood Insurance Policies
    You may live in a community that participates in the NFIP. This means that your building and its contents can be covered by a Standard Flood Insurance policy. The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) was established by the Federal Government to help communities who “voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage.”This option is widely used in Connecticut but you should know that you must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to invest in a Standard Flood Insurance policy.

  • Preferred Risk Policies
    If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone, you may qualify for a low-cost Preferred Risk Policy. Although you are not required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a Preferred Risk Policy will protect your home and its contents in the event you are affected by a flood.

With the aftermath of natural disasters in your mind, you may be wondering if there is more you can do outside of the NFIP policy. There are limits to the amount of damage covered by that type of policy and you may want to consider excess flood insurance if you have concerns about your risk of flooding.

Flood insurance provides the protection your home needs and with The Russell Agency, LLC it can be at a rate you can afford. Give us a call today at 203-255-2877 or fill out the quote form for more information and a chance to discuss your unique needs.

<link href="https://agents.floodsmart.gov/costOfFlooding/embed-classes.css" rel="stylesheet">

<div aria-hidden="true" class="responsive-embed responsive-coft">



style="position: absolute; top:0; left:0; width: 100%; height: calc(100% - 50px); border: 0; z-index: 2;"




style="position: absolute; top:0; left:0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 0;"




Get In Touch

Name *
Discover Your Flood Risk and Get a Free Quote